We are creating an inclusive, popular campaign to fight for a Green New Deal for Israel and to spearhead a comprehensive change in the public perception of the climate crisis and its influence on our lives.
We all dream of a more secure future for our children and we all have the right to a better life and a healthier environment. We can realize this dream: a country that invests in public works and in new fulfilling jobs; a country that provides economic, social and occupational security to all; a country that invests in its human capital to strengthen the local economy; a country that reaches 100% self-sufficiency in clean green energy that doesn't harm our health, its workers or our environment and a future without climate distress. A Green New Deal for Israel will allow for all of that.
A political message: an analysis of the climate crisis from a political standpoint. Our platform and campaign present our demands from decision-makers and not from private individuals. We do not deal with consumer choices.
A message of hope: the climate crisis is an opportunity to organize for a change for the better for all of us.
A local message: our story is part of Israel's reality and the local consequences of the climate crisis and the issues that affect us on the local, national and global levels.
A radical message: our interpretation of just transition is a challenge and a call for change from the present political and economic system.
An inclusive message: We focus on a comprehensive change of the system for the good of the vast majority of the people rather than technical solutions to specific problems.
A bilingual message: We strive to write materials distributed in both Arabic and Hebrew.
- Support for global climate justice: the climate crisis is a global crisis and the solutions proposed in the Green New Deal for Israel must reflect both local and global solidarity; they can not be based on the exploitation of populations or resources in other parts of the world.
- Investment in the future: a Green New Deal for Israel is more than a plan for environmental adaptation, but rather an investment in the future of our society and an opportunity to imagine and create a new future in which all of society and not just the private sector benefits from technological developments.
- The promise of good jobs: a Green New Deal for Israel must provide fulfilling work for all.
- A better standard of living: a Green New Deal for Israel will create public wellbeing instead of private wealth by establishing conditions that promote quality of life.
- Empowerment: the people and their communities must be empowered to make decisions that will hold their future and ensure the rights of workers to organize and influence their workplace.
- Acceptance of the enormity of the challenge: we must strive for an economy that flourishes while curbing consumption. Such an economy requires a radical change from the present economic system.
- Harnessing underutilized resources for the common good: public institutions must promote the social and economic changes needed to overcome the environmental crises with investments from sources that will not adversely affect the average citizen.
- Abandoning the belief in unfettered growth: we must stop using GDP growth as the measure of happiness and instead adopt measures of human progress – health, spiritual wellbeing and sustainability.